Although the pandemic has contributed to the death rate increment, the world is experiencing an increase in population. The flow rate of the population index pattern is quite interesting these days. Let’s see below data to figure out something about the population increase, births, and death frequencies globally compared to the past years.
- On October 31, 2011, the world touched the population count of 7 Billion, the report says.
- In the year 2020, the population is growing at a rate of around 1.05 % per year. That means the addition of 81 million people per year to the total.
- With the current rate of increase in population it is projected to reach 8 billion in 2023, 9 billion in 2037, and 10 billion in the year 2055.
- The world population has doubled in the last 40 years. In the year 1959, it was 3 billion and in 1999 it was at 6 billion counter.
- The maximum growth rate was recorded in the 1960s, which was about 2.09%.
- The world population growth rate is currently showing declination pattern and expected to go downwards in the coming years i.e. below 0.50% by 2050, and 0.03% in 2100.
- During the 20th century itself, the world population reached 6 Billion from 1.65 billion.
- From 1800 to 2011 world has seen an increment in population from 1 Billion to 7 Billion.
- First Billion: Year 1800
- Second Billion: Year 1930
- Third Billion: Year 1960
- Fourth Billion: Year 1974
- Fifth Billion: Year 1987
- Sixth Billion: Year 1999
- Seventh Billion: Year 2011
- In the year 2020, the total birth count across the globe till date is 44,326,400.
- The death count in the world this year is 18,609,400 to date.
- So, approximate net population growth in the year 2020 comes to 25,717,300.
- In 1970, there were roughly half as many people in the world as there are now.
- It will take around 200 years to double the world population due to a decrease in growth rate in the last decade.
Top 20 Countries on the basis of Population
- The China grasps the top position with approx. 1,438,321,499 followed by India with 1,377,540,300 population count.
- China alone has 18% of the world.
- India and China, these two countries claim 36% of world population figures.
- The United States of America is in the third position with population 330,651,792.
- The population of the USA is 24% of the Indian population.
- As per the sources, across the globe, the average life expectancy of the female is 75.6 years and male is 70.8 years.
- The average life expectancy of humans in the world is 73.2 Years.
- In the year 1950, the life expectancy of females and males was 48.5 and 45.5 respectively.
- In the last 70 years, average life expectancy is increased by 56%. That means, in the year 1950 the average life of a human was 47 years whereas, in 2020 it is 73.2 years.
- Currently, Hong Kong has the highest life expectancy in the world i.e. 85.29 years.
- Japan claims number second position with 85.03 years.
Akash is a freelance content writer, technically sound in the article and blog writing mechanics adopting the SEO strategy. Along with his professional commitment as a telecom engineer, he has never given up on his hobby of writing articles in the last 14 years. He has worked with top-notch content writing organizations for years and developed writing skills in both Hindi and English languages. He loves to write about Science & Technology, Current Affairs and Finance. Akash also writes poetries and well known in the poetry world as ‘Aks’. He devotes his spare time to singing and traveling.